In 2023, the second multi-nodal Summer/Winter School Researching Postcapitalist Politics was held from 20 to 29 June. There were 42 participants across five nodes: face-to-face in Aotearoa New Zealand, Norway and the US; and online in Central European Time (with participants from Thailand, India and Europe) and in New Zealand Standard Time (with participants from Chile, Mexico, US and Australia).
In 2022, we held the first multi-nodal Summer/Winter School, with three face-to-face schools (in Aotearoa New Zealand, Italy and the US) and two online schools (in Australian and European time zones). The theme was Researching Postcapitalist Politics and the school ran from 1 to 9 June with 37 participants.
To find out more about what happened there are recordings from the LIVIANA conference (in November 2022 and five months after the School) on:
- reflections on the 2022 Summer/Winter School by participants and facilitators
- revisiting ideas and concepts from the School by participants based in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand
- blue economy presentations by participants from school
- a session on diverse economies of the state organised by three participants from the school
- a conversation on race based on a workshop from the school
- a session on diversifying the language of scale based on participant presentations given during the school
- two sessions on 'mushroom and mycelia' based on a workshop from the school (Session 1 and Session 2).
It's also worth reading the blog by one of the Australian online participants.
The planned 2020 Summer School on the theme of Methods for a Postcapitalist Politics was cancelled because of COVID.
In 2019, the Community Economies Institute held its first Summer School, Postcapitalist Politics in Practice, 1 to 6 June, in Bolsena (Italy).
In 2023, the Community Economies Institute held its first Practice Retreat, Community Economies in Action, 12-19 July 2023, in the Italian Alps (in Rovereto, Vallagarina Valley, Italy).